What is the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam?
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam is a professional-level certification that validates the learner’s ability to work on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. This involves establishing, running, and maintaining distributed application systems on the platform.
The certification, further, acts essential for DevOps engineers willing to make a promising career in the Cloud domain. It validates one’s ability and expertise in DevOps methodologies using AWS services to build, deploy, and manage highly automated and scalable applications.
Is the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam worth the investment?
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional certification unlocks a multitude of benefits for both individuals and organizations. For professionals, the certification boosts credibility and marketability as it evaluates one’s skills and knowledge globally. This makes certified engineers more attractive to potential employers and clients. The certification also demonstrates one’s commitment to professional development and staying ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving, competitive cloud computing landscape.
With the classes being delivered by Amazon Authorized Instructors, trainees gain confidence to perform better. According to the 2023 survey by Global Knowledge, the average salary for an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional is around $156,732. This makes it an attractive learning option for aspiring candidates.
Some of the other leading reasons why organizations employ Certified DevOps Engineers are:
- Enhanced agility and speed: Certified professionals possess the skills and knowledge to implement DevOps practices effectively. This allows organizations to deliver applications and services faster and more efficiently.
- Improved quality and reliability: The automation and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices emphasized in the certification leads to higher quality and more robust applications.
- Reduced costs: By automating infrastructure provisioning and management tasks, certified professionals can help organizations optimize their cloud spending and reduce operational costs.
How difficult is AWS DevOps certification? What are its prerequisites?
The following certification is designed for AWS DevOps Engineers with at least two years of experience in managing, maintaining, and provisioning AWS environments.
AWS recommends the following steps as prerequisites to complete before opting for this course. The prerequisites are:
- Knowledge of designing highly automated infrastructures, writing code in at least one high-level programming language, and managing operating systems
- Knowledge of contemporary operations and development methods and methodology
- Being able to use and administer continuous delivery systems and procedures on AWS
- Ability to create and automate governance procedures, security controls, and compliance verification
How to pass the AWS DevOps engineer professional exam?
Now that we are confident that we can opt for the test, here’s what you should know.
First, you should have cleared the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – professional test to obtain this credential (DOP-C01). The examination consists of multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions that showcase your ability at the best.
If you feel confident about the certification, feel free to head on to our AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam Readiness Page.
Alternatively, you can enroll in our classroom training program – DevOps Engineering on AWS to get mentored by industry-leading, Amazon-certified trainers.